Key aspects of the user experience and human factor:
- Spatial design and mechanical engineering becomes a roadside family food experience
- The Padkos Express coffee and pie station is the walking equivalent of a ‘drive-thru’, reducing bottle-necks and speeding up customer turnover
- Integrated bars and shops as well as a playground arranged in a ‘village’ allows every visitor to find something to enjoy
- Nestled in the foothills of the Elgin Valley lies Peregrine Farm Stall.
- In 2015, Founder and CEO, Justin Burls approached Rocketfuel to solve a very specific problem. This travel stop’s reputation as South Africa’s favourite on-the-go farm stall meant that travel bugs from around the world battled to find space to sink their teeth into a delicious homemade venison pie and sip on champagne-style apple cider
- Peregrine’s popularity meant that both automobile and human traffic jams were causing customers to drive by, rather than pop in
- Driven by our expertise in customer behaviour, Rocketfuel’s solution saw the introduction of a shipping container ‘village’
- The shipping container ‘village’ features the Padkos Express, a quick-serve coffee and pie station
- This meant that parents could tuck into tasty bakes or shop at the
- local pop-up stores, while the kids stretched their legs in the play area
- The increase in pie sales meant that the small-sized bakery couldn’t cope with the growing demand – a happy problem.
- Peregrine Farm Stall is now building a new bakery, double in size
How was the result achieved and with what expertise, processes and techniques?
- Rocketfuel had a wide scope of responsibilities:
- Consumer research
- Product design
- Point of sale design
- Product prototyping and testing
- Project management
- Installation oversight
- Projects like Peregrine Farm Stall allow us to really flex our muscles as brand experts – making sure that product, experience and space build brand Intellectual Property that’s ready to go the distance. Today Elgin, tomorrow the world
- Flow planning allowed Rocketfuel to map out the ideal layout for increasing the speed of customer turnover