Key aspects of the user experience and human factor:
- The #IAMNEXT campaign is centred around the Russian Bear Mobile Recording Studio, which has a unique appearance that is an extension of the bold Russian Bear brand
- The doors open up to reveal a fully equipped recording studio with a 24-layer foam-insulated recording booth and custom DJ desk
- Dual TVs and accent lighting on the inside of the doors create a stage effect to draw in the crowds
- DJ desk and expandable stage effect makes it a concert venue on wheels
- Inspired by the posture of a wild bear, the truck’s silhouette breaks the mould of a conventional vehicle
- Aggressive, angular styling treatment catches the eye in a way that the competition would never dare to try
- Lack of 3D design language for Russian Bear brand
- No activations vehicle to create brand presence
- #IAmNext campaign relied on a unique style of mobile recording studio for success – never been done before.
- Young aspiring rap and hiphop artists have very little access to opportunities
- Brands struggling to penetrate the township market through conventional advertising
- The Russian Bear #IAMNEXT vehicle is a first-of-its-kind professional recording studio on wheels
- It has given hundreds of undiscovered South African rappers their first chance to step into a real sound booth and get a demo track professionally recorded and mastered.
- Professionally mastered demos were made available to download and share online. The best rapper out there got to launch his career with a collab single with one of SA’s top hip-Hop artists. He also got star in a music video and perform live in front of thousands of people.
- After travelling to 50 different venues in 5 cities, the #IAMNEXT Mobile Recording Studio created a sensation around the Russian Bear brand.
- Fuelled by the truck’s unique design, an online marketing campaign and activation successes, the #IAMNEXT campaign reached over 15 million people, with over +500K interactions and a PR ROI of 17:1. On Con sales went up 58% year on year, 6 times the growth vs our biggest competitor (RF not responsible for digital campaign)
How was the result achieved and with what expertise, processes and techniques?
- Rapid speed of ideation achieved through RF design sprint intervention
- Iconic ‘bear’ shape lead the 2D>3D brand transformation
- Rapid speed of production through film-vehicle construction techniques
- Immersive experience design achieved through lighting and audio technology
- Low overall production cost achieved with smart cost-cutting measures such as using a second-hand base vehicle and utilising its existing cab structure.